Rebates & Incentives
Customer Energy Solutions
721 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704
Saving energy and money go hand-in-hand. We can all contribute to reducing Austin’s energy demand by making simple lifestyle changes and energy-efficient home improvements. When demand decreases, we all save. Austin Energy is committed to helping our customers achieve the greatest savings possible.
Austin Energy offers no-cost home energy improvements to qualifying customers with low-to-moderate incomes. The improvements reduce energy costs and enhance indoor comfort while improving indoor air quality.
We help qualifying low-to-moderate income customers save energy while improving their comfort. Based on your home's energy assessment results and available funding, you can receive no-cost home weatherization improvements such as:
- Attic insulation
- Minor duct repair and replacement
- Air infiltration
- Sealing of the home envelope
- Sealing of duct work
- Weather stripping on doors
- Solar screens
- Window air conditioner replacement (for qualifying customers)
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Smoke detectors
- High-efficiency lighting
- Water conservation improvements, such as faucet aerators and low-flow showerheads
These small home improvements can mean big energy savings for your family. You’ll also find your home stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Call 512-482-5346 with any questions.
Please note that the number and type of weatherization improvements are dependent upon home energy assessment results.
Interested? Request an Application
Call 512-482-5346 or request an application for Weatherization Assistance. After we receive your completed application, we will review it to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements to receive no-cost weatherization assistance for your home.
Are You a Local Non-Profit Organization?
You may request an application for Weatherization Assistance for your clients to help determine if they qualify for this program.
Other Customer Assistance Programs
The City of Austin offers the following programs to help customers facing temporary and long-term financial difficulties as well as serious financial problems:
Austin Energy provides weatherization improvements at no cost to qualifying customers.
- You must be an Austin Energy customer.
- You must meet the income requirement of 200% or less of the United States Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines (pdf) for your household for the current year or previous tax year.
- You must live in the house you want weatherized.
- You must live in a single-family home, duplex, triplex, or a building with no more than four residential units. Mobile homes are not eligible for weatherization.
- Your home’s appraised value is $250,000 or less (excluding land value).
- Your home must be 2,000 square feet or smaller.
- Your home must be greater than 10 years old.
- You must provide income and disability documentation for everyone 18 years old and older in the home.
- The home must have not received comprehensive weatherization measures with an Austin Energy program within the last 10 years.
- Both owners and renters can apply.
- If you rent, you must provide a copy of your lease/rental agreement.
- You must have lived in your rental home for at least three months.
- Your landlord must sign an Austin Energy Rental Release form.
Provide your contact information and tell us a little bit about your home.
- Request an application for Weatherization Assistance or call 512-482-5346.
- Once you receive an application, complete it and mail it with documents verifying your household income to:
Weatherization Assistance Program
721 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704-1194
You may also fax the application and supporting documents to 512-482-5455 or scan and email the application to Customer Energy Solutions.
- If your application is approved, you will either be contacted to proceed with weatherization or you will be placed on a waiting list.
- If approved, a registered contractor will contact you to schedule an energy assessment on your home.
- When the energy assessment is complete, qualifying homes will receive weatherization improvements from the registered contractor at no cost to the customer.
- Austin Energy will schedule a final inspection of the installed weatherization improvements.
Please note that potential participants could be placed on a waiting list if the program reaches currently funded capacity.
Funding is limited and available only to Austin Energy customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Offerings are subject to change without notice.
Materials and installation are under warranty for one year. For all warranty items, customers will work directly with the contractor who performs the work.
After the one-year warranty period expires, Austin Energy will not intervene in customer and Registered Contractor disputes.
Program guidelines include additional requirements and limitations for receiving the above rebates. Contact us for more details.