Austin Energy is excited to announce that Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® is now Home Energy Savings.
Take Full Advantage of Home Energy Savings
When you work with a participating contractor to make whole-home energy efficiency improvements through Home Energy Savings, you choose savings and health benefits. Follow this comprehensive approach to invest in the health of your home, your household, and your wallet.
Breathe Easier with Healthy Benefits and Savings
Contact a few participating contractors today to learn more about the benefits of Home Energy Savings.
|Key Energy Efficiency Improvement
|Your Healthy Benefit
|Your Savings Benefit
|Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Equipment
|Keep your home comfortable and at the ideal moisture level. Eliminate excess moisture and reduce risk for mold. Correctly-sized and efficient AC units ensure proper cooling throughout the home while eliminating high humidity. This increases your comfort level and decreases the energy use of the air conditioning equipment.
|Properly-sized, high-efficiency air conditioning units help you save an average of 20% on summer energy bills.
|Duct Work Sealing, Repair, Replacement
|Direct conditioned air to your living areas, not your attic. Minimize indoor airborne pollutants and improve air quality. Leaky air ducts allow particles like allergens, germs, dust, and pollutants to enter your AC system, affecting your whole household. Proper sealing of home air ducts introduces fewer airborne particles to impact your respiratory health.
|Improving ducts saves energy and money, especially since the average duct system in a 10+ year-old home only delivers 73% of its air to the intended location.
|Maintain desired indoor air temperature. Reduce access points for pests. Protect against UVA radiation. Weatherization makes a big difference. Increasing attic insulation levels helps maintain indoor air temperatures. Sealing around doors, windows and plumbing removes sneaky access points for critters and insects. Solar shading blocks UVA radiation to protect against sun damage.
|When you seal all of your home’s hidden air leaks, you seal gaps equal to an opening about 10” x 10”. Plus, you can save up to 8% of total energy costs by air sealing your home and adding insulation.
Want to learn more?
- See our interactive guide "Home Energy Improvement Explained"
- Work with a participating contractor to start these important energy efficiency improvements and receive corresponding rebates.
Austin Energy residential customers can choose from an array of programs and services to save even more money and energy.
- Thermostat Rebates and Incentives – Earn rebates and incentives when you install smart thermostats and enroll in the voluntary Power Partner program.
- Online Usage Tools – Monitor your energy usage regularly, get savings tips, and sign up for paperless billing by logging into City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care.
- ECAD Ordinance Compliance – Customers who complete all recommended work through Home Energy Savings meet the requirements for Energy Conservation Audit and Disclosure (ECAD) ordinance for a period of 10 years (City of Austin only).