Customer Energy Solutions
4815 Mueller Blvd.
Austin, TX 78723-3573
Saving energy and money go hand-in-hand. We can all contribute to reducing Austin’s energy demand by making simple lifestyle changes and energy-efficient home improvements. When demand decreases, we all save. Austin Energy is committed to helping our customers achieve the greatest savings possible.
Replace your old window air conditioner and save money.
Receive a $50 rebate from Austin Energy to buy a new ENERGY STAR®-qualified window air conditioner.
How to Apply
ENERGY STAR window air conditioners use up to 15% less energy than conventional models. Timers on the unit let you adjust temperature settings for comfort and savings.
Austin Energy offers a $50 rebate to help you purchase a new qualifying ENERGY STAR window air conditioner.
Be sure you choose the right size based on the cooling area square footage. A unit that is too large for your room will make your air conditioned space damp and uncomfortable. The benefits of getting a right-sized unit include:
- Getting the best value
- Enjoying optimal operation cost
- Removing humidity properly
Interested in learning more? Visit ENERGY STAR for details on certified window air conditioner units.
|Window Air Conditioner Sizing Chart — Choose the Right Size Today|
Other Energy Efficiency Incentives
We also offer rebates for the following equipment that can improve energy efficiency in your home:
If your home is 10 years or older, consider whole home energy efficiency improvements through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®. Our participating Home Performance contractors can perform an energy analysis to determine appropriate energy-saving improvements for your home.
Austin Energy provides a $50 rebate on a new qualifying ENERGY STAR window air conditioner. To identify qualifying window unit air conditioners, visit ENERGY STAR's Find and Compare Products.
- You must receive electricity from Austin Energy.
- You must purchase a new qualifying ENERGY STAR window air conditioning unit.
- You must submit your application within 90 days of purchase. Applications submitted beyond this time frame will not be approved.
Rebate Recipient Eligibility Requirements
- Property owners or electric account holders that purchased and installed the equipment are eligible to receive the rebates.
- By default, the rebate payment is directed to the customer listed on the Austin Energy electric account. The
rebate may also be directed to one of the below parties if all requirements are met.
- The property owner, verified using county tax records.
- A tenant at the property if the tenant purchased the unit.
Buy a Qualified Window Air Conditioner
Buy a new ENERGY STAR window air conditioning unit. ENERGY STAR has a list of qualified window air conditioners.
Apply for Your Rebate Online
All rebate applications are online. You must submit your rebate application within 90 days of purchase. Applications submitted beyond this time frame will not be approved. The following information is required for your online rebate application:
- Active Austin Energy Customer Account Number
- Tax Assessor Property ID
- Sq ft of area to be cooled
- Receipt for new unit
Apply for a Rebate Online
You can apply for your rebate online once you purchase your window air conditioner.
Are You Waiting For a Rebate?
Use the confirmation (enrollment) and utility account numbers to check the status of your rebate application.
Tips for Applying Online
- Before you submit the application, you will need to have all required information on hand.
- If your application requires supporting documentation, such as invoices or sales receipts, you will need to scan
or photograph these documents and upload into the application system. The system will accept any of the following
- Adobe Acrobat PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft Word Document (.doc or .docx)
- JPEG (.jpg)
- ZIP (.zip)
- Check your rebate status online using the confirmation (enrollment) number you receive after the application submission. You will also need your City of Austin utility account number.
Please email the Austin Energy Appliance Efficiency Program if you have questions about your rebate status or need help with your rebate application.
Funding is limited and available only to Austin Energy customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Offerings are subject to change without notice. Rebates are not guaranteed until after Austin Energy's review and approval of the rebate application. Program guidelines include additional requirements and limitations for receiving the above rebates. Contact us for more details.